My Chromebook will not turn on.
- Plug-in the charger to make sure you have power
- Hold down the power button for 20 seconds, then let go and click the power button again
How do I login and connect to wifi?
My Chromebook will not connect to the wifi.
- Click on the time in the bottom right hand of the screen - click on the wifi symbol. Next, click on the blue button on the right to turn off the wifi. Click the blue-button again to turn the wifi back on.
- Restart your device by clicking the power button, then selecting the click on the power icon
- All district Chromebooks will automatically connect to DCSD.Mobilit or DCSD.Secure when on campus
My Chromebook is running slow or freezing up.
- Restart your device by clicking the power button, then selecting the click on the power icon - if the power icon does not show up, hold the power button until it shuts down (up to 15 seconds)
- Uninstall some of the apps or extensions installed on Chrome
I cannot log on to the Chromebook.
- All faculty/staff members and students log into Chromebook with s1234567 or e12345678. Students should contact your teacher/school office if you need assistance with your username and password. DCSD students are assigned unique passwords by the IT department. Teachers can call 678-676-1188 to retrieve passwords.
- Student Login: [email protected]
- Student Password: Unique passwords are assigned by the IT department.
- Teachers can reset password here (only works at DCSD facilities)
I do not know how to log into the Canvas LMS.
If you log into the Chromebook, you will be automatically logged into the LMS. If you are using your own device, be sure to use the link for students provided by your teacher. You will need to then use your Google login credentials. ([email protected] or [email protected])
Help with the Chromebook keyboard.
Keyboard, Mouse & Touch Screen Guide
Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts - this is a great guide to download that shows you how to:
- Take a screenshot
- Open file and task manager
- Launch apps on the shelf
- Lock the screen
- Open the hotdog menu
- Toggle Caps Lock on and off
- Mirror Monitor
- Show keyboard shortcut overlay
Screen is dark when powered on.
Press brightness key above the 8 & 9. Hold the power button for 30 seconds, then restart.
My screen is rotated.
Ctrl + shift + refresh
Screen text is too Large or Small
Ctr - to decrease zoom
Ctrl + to increase zoom
How do I enable ChromeVox (voice speaks with keystrokes)?
Ctrl + alt + z
A language is displaying other than English or certain keys are not typing correctly.
1. Click status bar (bottom right)
2. Click settings
3. Scroll down and click show advanced settings
4. Go to Language and input settings
6. Select English (United States)
My Chromebook isn't charging, what should I do?
If your devise isn't charging correctly, please inspect the area where the charger plugs into the device to make sure it is free of any debris. If this doesn't fix the problem, please speak with the school's Device Distribution Coordinator.
Signing Into Canvas From Your Student Chromebook
Updating Your Chromebook
Logging Out of Chrome
& Communication Tools
Microsoft Teams is an online collaboration platform that provides a space for students and teachers to share files, chat, and engage in video conferencing features for remote learning.
Accessing Teams From Your Personal Device
Accessing Google Drive Through Launchpad
Accessing Office 365 Through Launchpad
Collaborating in Google Drive
Collaborating in Microsoft OneDrive